About Our Church
This image of Christ the King which dominates the church’s sanctuary is a reminder of the initial name given to the parish by the Franciscan Friars when they were first appointed to the parish by Archbishop Beovich in 1947
This image of Saint Francis honours the Franciscan tradition that undergirds the foundation and history of the Lockleys Catholic Parish, first established in 1947 by the Franciscan Friars. Their presence has been a constant, offering pastoral support to many, especially those from Maltese and Italian backgrounds.
Oldest fresco of St Francis (1228-1229) at the entrance of the Benedictine Abbey of Subiaco, Italy. Attribution: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:S.Francesco_speco.jpg.
Christ the King Parish Church History
Our Parish Church turned 70 last November and we had a very special dinner to mark the occasion. We will provide a brief history of our Parish here soon.